Sonakshi Sinha’s Weight Loss Secret Revealed ( Diet and Workout Plan)
Sonakshi Sinha is one of the most versatile and talented actors of this era. She has already proved to us how talented she is through her portrayal of characters in various movies like Dabaang, Lootera and Ittefaq Se. In her own words, “I’m here to be a hero, not size zero”, Sonakshi had received immense criticism for how her body was not exactly how Bollywood perceived “perfection”. Today we will discuss Sonakshi Sinha Weight Loss Story (1).
Sonakshi Sinha has always been one of those who isn’t conventional, instead of being a skinny Bollywood actress, and trying to fit into their definition of “perfect”, she’s one person who rather has accepted her body while striving towards a fitter and better self-image. Sonakshi has admitted her love and fondness for food, she has openly accepted that she loves food and could not give up on them for a perfect body structure, hence, she had incorporated a healthy, tasty and interesting diet to fit her needs and also reach a fit body structure. Although she loves to eat, she also likes to work out and work out hard. She’s not the one to give you an opportunity to criticize her especially after landing such great roles in movies and delivering finesse every time, on screen! (2)
Sonakshi Sinha’s Weight Loss Diet Chart
Primarily, Sonakshi Sinha’s diet plan consisted of the following:
- 1 glass honey and lime juice mixed with warm water to be consumed early in the morning.
- For breakfast, cereal with low-fat milk along with 1 whole wheat toast.
- 1 cup mixed vegetable curry with 2 chapatis and a cup of salad during lunch.
- Either a cup of green tea or a bowl of fruits as evening snacks.
- Finally, ½ cup dal, some mixed vegetable curry and a piece of chicken breast or grilled fish.
Sonakshi’s diet chart is a drastic change from what she generally at. This is actually not a very hard routine to follow but is not a very easy deal. Sonakshi needed great motivation and a lot of self-control so as not to indulge in her favourite junk foods. Sonakshi Sinha Weight Loss diet chart can help you lose few kgs in a couple of weeks.
- This diet chart is extremely effective. The honey and lime juice mixed with warm water on an empty stomach is useful in flushing out the toxins and also aids bowel movement and is hence effective in making the metabolic rate faster.
- The first meal of the day, which comprises of cereal and low-fat milk along with a whole wheat toast supplies the body with a fair share of required potassium, complex carbohydrates, calcium, and potassium, without which the bodily functions may slow down.
- This breakfast also supplies an adequate amount of dietary fibers that help to satisfy hunger and provide strength to the bones.
- Vegetable curry, chapattis, and salad provide the body with necessary vitamins, minerals, and dietary fibers. Vegetables, especially green leafy ones are said to be extremely healthy.
- Green Tea, which is a rich source of antioxidants also helps to suppress appetite, the less hungry you are the lesser you consume! Fresh fruits are of utmost importance to provide instant energy and are a source of polynutrients and fiber. Sonakshi Sinha weight loss diet chart focuses more on fresh and nutritious food.
- To sum up the day with dal, chicken or fish, the body receives a rich supply of lean protein whereas the mixed vegetable curry is already important in providing fiber, essential vitamins and minerals.
However, following this diet plan was not the easiest especially keeping in mind a lot of extraneous rules that were supplementary and complementary to the diet. Apart from following the diet chart with strict adherence, there are also certain rules that she had to follow to get the body of her dreams. The rules she had to follow were as follows:
- Drink loads of water.
- Eat every 2-3 hours, snack on some fruits.
- No consuming carbohydrates after 6:00 PM
- Eat food that will make you gain weight in moderation.
- This diet made her feel full and also satisfied her tummy. Along with this, she also followed a strict an rigorous workout regimen that helps her burn the fat to build her fabulous body.
You can read article 51 effective tips for weight loss for more such tips.
Sonakshi Sinha’s Workout Plan
Not only has she worked hard in maintaining a well planned balanced diet, but also worked out hard in order to achieve her goal. Sonakshi uses to it the gym, not once but twice on a daily basis. Her main areas of focus were to lose fat, to build lean muscle mass and muscle strength. She trains under the guidance of celebrity fitness trainer Yasmin Karachiwala. Yasmin Karachiwala has helped a lot of actors to lose weight and get in shape and was extremely excited to work with Sonakshi. It was her daily dose of motivation that kept her going and is still empowering her to make her body fitter. Her workout routine includes:
- Weight training
- Functional training
- Hot yoga
- Swimming or playing tennis.
As you might have already noticed that Sonakshi’s workout schedule is not at all uni-dimensional, instead it is fun and diverse and there is something new to do every day. These variations keep her motivated and engaged and is also a source of entertainment for the actor, who herself doesn’t like to work out, like the most of us. This has helped us understand that when joining a gym, it is important to find a trainer who will make such a workout regimen that suits best to your needs. Also, it is important for you to be transparent and vocal about your needs like Sonakshi, who had clearly told her trainer that she wanted to try out a variety of exercises. Likewise, if you only like some parts of exercising, like cardio or workout, you should voice out your opinions in that case too. This will provide great assistance to your trainer to customize a workout plan especially for you, and which will help you lose fat faster than you even expect.
Now that you know Sonakshi Sinha’s diet and workout secrets, it is important to know whether this plan will suffice your needs. It is important for you to understand that this plan may or even may not help you lose those extra kilos. Weight loss is a sensitive matter that depends on various factors like body weight, body type, medical complications, diet plans, and degree of adherence to a workout regimen, social support and also genetics. Workout plans, hence vary person to person depending on body type. Following this diet plan blindly, might not help you lose the flab at all. What is more important is also to make some substantial changes in your lifestyle and mindset that will help you lose weight easily and happily.
Here is an exciting video from Glowpink on Sonakshi’s Weight Loss journey
Weight Loss Tips from Sonakshi Sinha
It was not an easy journey for Sonakshi at all. The media pressure and intense criticism were not easy for her to bear. She has hence got some tips to help you lose weight like she has done.
- Be patient and work hard: Sonakshi has always believed that, to achieve anything in life you will have to work hard. Even in this field, you will have to stay focused and give your cent percent in order to achieve what you really want. It might feel not worth your hard work or you may feel discouraged, but your goal should be your first priority and you should strive for it, no matter what. Keeping this in mind, you should keep yourself motivated and keep working hard.
- Adherence is Key: You have visited the dietician and received your diet plan, now it is for you to adhere to this diet chart. Otherwise, there will be no end result. Though there is yummy food everywhere, you will have to feel motivated enough to avoid such distractions and move forward. A workout may seem disheartening and might cause a lot of bodily aches, but you have to power through it and keep working out no matter what. Missing a day or two of the gym may seem like a puny affair, but in reality, it is a great setback to your body that has already picked up the workout rhythm. So, keep adhering to the workout scheme and your diet plan.
- Avoid Dehydration: Weight loss is integrally associated with your hydration status. The more dehydrated you are, the more toxins that build up in your body. An increased level of toxins in your body leads to inflammation-induced weight gain. It is important and absolutely compulsory for you to consume a minimum of 2-4 liters of daily. You can also drink coconut water and fresh fruit juice to keep the cells active and also help you to have a strong toxic resistance.
- Sleep: Not getting adequate sleep at night may lead to weight gain. If you do not sleep properly, your body misses out on the opportunity to repair and detoxify itself. This may be a cause of stress and lead to emotional eating and in due time cause weight gain. Hence, try to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep daily.
- Take a Break: Most of us are so stressed out and running to and fro every day, we hardly get time to do what interests us. This leads to developing a habit of eating or considering food an outlet for pent-up stress and pressure. Try incorporating a healthy lifestyle and start finding time for what truly interests you so, you can avoid the tendency of overeating or eating when you are not actually hungry.
Criticism of Her Weight
It is not uncommon for Sonakshi to receive criticisms for her body structure, no matter how hard she works and how consistent and good her performances have always been. People have called her “fat”, “ugly” and “talentless”, only based on her weight, some are even of the opinion that Sonakshi is not deserving of her lead roles and her stature in the Bollywood industry, because irrespective of being in the 21st century, women are still judged according to how they look instead of how they function. Her size was apparently too big and not sexy enough for the “Bollywood standard of actors”.
However, Sonakshi has always been really strong and never given a damn about these criticisms, she has paid attention only to her roles in movies and let the haters hate. She has said in an interview, “Such kind of criticism doesn’t bother me much. I am someone who has always portrayed a healthy body image and I will continue to do so irrespectively of whatever is written or spoken about me.” Sonakshi has also been criticized that her looks are fetching her, such roles that might typecast her in the industry. Sonakshi, however, has handled such criticism with finesse and kept the negativity away from her. She has always upheld that fitness is her main mantra and strived hard not to gain the body that everyone would accept but the one she sought to be perfect to satiate her own self.
Sonakshi Sinha was overweight before she joined the film industry, at that point, she weighed about 90 kg, which is considered to be not ideal for her height. As already stated, Sonakshi is a great fan of junk food and at that point could nor set her mind to limiting herself, neither could she follow a strict workout regimen. Sonakshi was always criticized for her roundness and she never let the criticisms bring her down. It was someone else, who inspired her into losing weight and getting into shape. Her debut films’ co-star, Salman Khan was the person who was able to motivate and mentor her in the weight loss process. Sonakshi has candidly accepted that Salman Khan was the reason behind her phenomenal weight loss, and also added that if not for him, she would not have lost any weight. Salman was the one who had ignited the spirit of weight loss in her mind. Sonakshi lost 30 kg of her initial weight and only weighed 60kg after her phenomenal weight loss journey.
Her story is truly inspirational and helps provide motivation to all those who are trying to lose weight. Sonakshi is no superhuman, so if she can, so can you, just be focused and keep working hard! Get inspired, find motivation and stop pending your good habits, start today!