Shilpa Shetty Yoga for Weight Loss: 11 Best Yoga Asanas for Quick Results (with Video)
Shilpa Shetty Yoga for Weight Loss is very famous because of its uniqueness and quick results. Shilpa Shetty is known globally as the style icon of the era. She is a beautiful actress who has maintained a healthy regime and been fit all through the years. The reason behind this fitness lies in the yoga that she indulges in on a regular basis. Shilpa has endorsed yoga as the best form of health regime across all platforms. Her calorie free eating habits along with exercise aren’t unknown to anyone. However, she has given special importance to yoga for the healthy development of the mind and the soul (1).
Shilpa Shetty Yoga for Weight Loss: 11 Best Shilpa Shetty Yoga Asanas
This asana is helpful in treating the problems of the uterus region. All those people suffering from period pain during the menstrual cycle shouldn’t miss out on this asana. It relaxes the uterus to avoid the cramps (2). It is one of the best Shilpa Shetty Yoga for Weight Loss asana.
- In this asana, the body is supposed to rest on the knees which tend to part gradually.
- Gently move them forward with hands touching the ground and the posterior region slightly elevated.
- The exercise must be done in two sets. Each set should last for around 10 seconds.
- Touching the forehead to the ground may not be possible in the very first go but with practice, it’ll get convenient.
Knee flexibility will also increase with this exercise. With increasing age, knee problems also increase and this exercise can be a precautionary measure to it. It is one of the good knee exercises.
2. Shavasana (Dead Corpse):
In this form of asana, the body is supposed to lie down on the ground preferably on the mat and stay there for a while in the similar posture. This asana solves a multitude of body issues. Lying on the mat in the dead corpse manner helps to regulate the normal blood flow in the body. The body is at complete rest in this posture so the body gets the necessary rest that it requires whereas the mind is filled with new zeal and energy. This asana is indeed prescribed to everyone as it assures the healthy survival of the body as well as the mind.
3. Uttanapadasana (Raised Leg Posture):
- In this posture of the body, the body is supposed to lay on the ground in the resting posture initially.
- After that, at repeated intervals, the body is supposed to raise one of its legs.
- Once leg rising is done, the body is supposed to hold the posture for some seconds in order to reap the maximum benefits out of it.
- One must do at least four sets of this yoga asana so that leg pain and other things of sorts associated with the body are gone for a long enough time.
- Leg rising reduces the fat of the upper thighs effectively too. People who have done this for years can guarantee its effectiveness.
4. Kativakrasana (The Spinal Twist on the back):
Kativakrasana is a little difficult but effective asana for fat loss.
- In this yoga posture, the spinal cord is effectively relaxed through the movement of the body.
- Initially, the body is lying down in the resting position.
- Gradually both the legs are raised to the ground and one reaches the half resting posture.
- Taking turns the body is supposed to turn towards one side (right or left) by keeping the spinal cord as the axis and putting pressure along the waistline.
- All the spinal cord problems would take a back seat if one gives five minutes each day for the doing of this exercise.
- The twisting of the body along the waistline helps to increase the flexibility of the body too.
5. Chakarasana (The Wheel Posture):
Chakarasana is a good yoga pose for back and reducing belly fat.
- It’s often fun doing this posture because not many of us can ace the posture if we are out of the posture.
- So in this yoga, the body is supposed to raise all the body parts giving the image of a summersault but forming a wheel out of it.
- So initially the body is at rest then after a few moments, the body is raised that is the chest region, hip region etc.
- Following it, the toes are raised too along with the head region and the hands are raised beside the region to balance the posture.
If one is doing it for the first time then you may not be able to ace the posture.Do not feel disheartened and try practising the posture as often as possible.
6. Makrasana (Crocodile Pose):
This is a very useful and easy yoga asana for beginners.
- Here the person is supposed to nose down with his nose touching the ground in a straightforward manner.
- Initially, the legs are in close proximity but gradually one can part it.
- One can also fold both his hands and keep his head on it in this resting posture.
This sort of yoga is required to help stretch the body in the various directions.If the body is properly stretched then that means that the lungs are filled in the fresh air. The body feels more refreshed and less drowsy and most importantly more fit for doing these yoga postures. It feels difficult in the beginning but feels beautiful in the end.
7. Ardha Shalabhasana (with One Leg Faced: The Locust Pose):
This pose is really good for the back problem and chronic leg pain.
- Here the body is lying down face down on the ground in the resting position.
- After the posture is done one of the legs is raised and kept that way for a short interval of time after which the second leg is raised and the same exercise is repeated.
- One must do at least four sets of it to reap out its maximum advantages.
- It’s important to keep in mind that one must not stress out thinking about the amount of time taken to withhold the posture.
- Putting pressure on the body will not help. Stability will come gradually and that is the best for the body too.
8. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose with Two Variations):
As mentioned in the aforementioned pose the body is still lying face down on the ground.
- It’s time to raise the upper part of the body in two ways first would be raising the body half and keeping it raised for a couple of seconds like half sit up.
- After that one is recommended to do a full sit up in the sense raising the body completely by keeping your hand beside the chest region.
- This exercise is not difficult if done technique wise and pressure must be exerted on the hands to lift the upper part of the body.
- This is another type of a stretching exercise that helps to stretch the body to its fullest capacity. It helps to cure breathing issues too.
9. Dhanurasana (The Bow Pose):
This is a continuation of the previous yoga pose. All these yoga poses are interconnected which makes it easy for a layman to process it. It is one of the best Shilpa Shetty Yoga for Weight Loss asana.
- The body after having raised the upper portion of the body must reach out for its legs lying face down.
- After one gets hold of the leg he stretches by lifting the upper part of the body and withholding the position for a few seconds too.
- Doing at least four sets of it would help stretch the body effectively.
- Perfecting the exercise from the very first go may not be possible but one must constantly keep at it.
10. Marjari Asana (cat pose):
- In this asana, you need to place your hands in the forward direction and the legs must be parted.
- The entire body is rested on the palms of your hand.
- Gently inhale the air and let your body form the cat posture by moving upwards and then exhale the air while getting back to the normal posture.
It is a very relaxing exercise. There is not much in it to balance yet it makes you feel rejuvenated. If you start having back aches because of this exercise then it means that you have made some unnecessary movements which shouldn’t have been done.
11. Vriksha Asana (The Tree Pose):
This is a balancing posture and helps to maintain the body posture.
- Here the body is first in the standing posture.
- Then fold your hands and lift one leg resting it on the thigh muscles.
- The body bends in left and right direction in this given posture.
- This posture is not easy and perfecting it might take time. However one must stand in the stand erect in the standing posture at all times.
Doing this exercise helps to reduce back fat and makes the body more flexible.
Benefits of Yoga Asanas
- People who do desktop work and teachers should definitely go for this yoga regime as this would help release the stress from the body. A lot of us have tense muscles in the back region and that needs constant massaging if you do not want the Back to become a huge problem in life. Due to the paucity of time, it is not possible to regularly massage the back region. However, this exercise takes up little time so office goers can easily opt for it.
- The asanas which effects on back muscles are important for those who suffer from the problem of spondylitis. The back exercises in the form of various postures really help to rejuvenate the body in its truest essence. Apart from major back issues a lot of people suffer from different kinds of backaches due to long tenures of the sitting posture. Some of the asanas for Back in this post are Marjariasana, Kativakrasana, and Shavasana.
- Standing posture has various yoga poses associated with it. Most of the muscles can be bent in the standing posture. Initially one can go for Surya Namaskar. Here the person folds his hands and bends it in the back region by exerting pressure on the hip region. The standing posture allows for the exercise of the full body and assures the maximum blood circulation. The person could also touch its thumbnail in the standing posture without bending the muscles. A few seconds must be taken to withhold the posture.
The gym is not good for all body types. Some people are comfortable walking on the treadmill and doing cardio exercises. However, most people loathe the idea of going to the gym and hence yoga can turn out to be a healthy alternative to it. It is a very relaxing as well as challenging exercise that helps in the hydration of the body as well as the mind. Yoga can be done by people from across all age groups. A fitter body is something that we must all strive for to improve our quality of living.