15 Best Ramdev Baba Yoga Asanas for Weight Loss
pLooking for Baba Ramdev Yoga for Weight Loss?
Which are the Best Baba Ramdev Daily Yoga Asanas?
All your questions will be answered in this post. So let us discuss the yoga asanas and its benefits.
Yoga originated in ancient India, and throughout all times, it has been considered to be a group of physical as well as spiritual discipline that helps to enrich not only the body but also the mind. The effectiveness of yoga also extends to the intervention of cancer, asthma, heart diseases and also mental anomalies like schizophrenia (1).
Mahatma Gandhi had championed the practice of yoga in British India, whereas Swami Vivekananda had propagated his knowledge of yoga even to the Western world, however, the modern-day pioneer of yoga is undoubtedly Baba Ramdev. In this post, I have shared the Best Ramdev Baba Yoga Asanas for Weight Loss (2).
Some Facts About Baba Ramdev
Baba Ramdev is the founder of Divya Yog Mandir Trust and he has extensively worked in the field of propagating yoga to the Indian as well as international masses. He is an acclaimed yoga guru after Aastha TV started featuring him in the morning yoga slot.
Since 2003, people of minor to greater stature from all over the world have shown interest in his teachings and have come to receive his yoga instructions. His yoga teachings have shown a great deal of influence in curing obesity, asthma and boosting resistance power. 15 Best Baba Ramdev Yoga for Weight Loss
Ramdev Baba Yoga Asanas for Weight Loss
1. Makar Asana
The Makar Asana has also been named the Crocodile Pose. It is a relaxing yoga posture and is perfect for curing back and shoulder problems. This asana is usually done at the end of a yoga session in order to relax and calm your muscle movements. It is also an early morning exercise as it aids in getting clear bowel movements. Here’s how you do it.
How to do Makar Asana
- Lie down on the floor on your stomach.
- Keeping your elbows shoulder-width apart, fold your hands and keep the tips of your elbow on the ground while your fingers face upwards.
- Raise your shoulder and head while keeping your neck straight. Look ahead.
- Stretch out your legs with your toes facing outwards. Relax your muscles.
- Stay in the posture for a few minutes
- To release from the posture, move your palms and your shoulders and head down while you roll over.
Benefits of Makar Asana
- Improved bowel movement
- Helps in reducing belly fat
- Strengthens the core by providing strength to the abdominal muscles
- Provides relaxation to other body muscles
2. Manduk Asana
Manduk Asana is also called as the Frog Pose. This asana improves the quantity of insulin in the blood and is beneficial in preventing cardiovascular diseases. This is also a yoga for piles pose.
It increases the flexibility of thighs and legs and reduces excess fat from the thighs. Here’s how you do it. It is one of the best Ramdev Baba yoga asanas for weight loss.
How to do Manduk Asana:
- Sit in Vajra asana.
- Close the fists of both hands and while clinching the fists, press the thumb inside the fingers.
- Press the navel with both the fists, exhale and bend over.
- Hold the breath and while in the position, keep bending over, looking straight.
- Remain in this position for some time. Exhale and come back to the step 1 position. Repeat three or four times.
Benefits of Manduk Asana
- Manduk asana helps in improving the digestive health
- It helps in reducing the excess fat accumulated in your abdominal region
- Good stretching exercise for legs and back muscles
This asana improves the flexibility of the spine and reduces belly fat. It also loosens the hip joint and massages the abdominal organs. It is also called as Ardh Matsyendrasana or Half Spinal Twist Pose. Here’s how you do it.
How to do Vakrasana
- Sit down and stretch your legs on the ground keeping your hands beside your thighs.
- Bend your right leg straight.
- Keep your left foot by the side of the left knee raised upward.
- Inhale and raise your arms keeping the elbows straight.
- Exhale and twist to the left, place your right on the exterior side of the left knee and hold the left ankle with your right hand and look backward.
- Hold the position for as long as comfortable and exhale.
- Repeat this on both sides.
Benefits of Vakrasana
- It is very good asana for your back. It helps in reducing back pain.
- The twist provides good exercise to abdominal muscle
- Helps in reducing belly fat
This asana is also called the Cow Face Pose. This clears your bowel movement and stretches the shoulder and ankles. It is one of the best Ramdev Baba yoga asanas for weight loss. Here’s how you do it.
How to do Gomukhasana:
- Sit straight on the ground and stretch out your legs.
- Gently bend your light leg and put it under your right buttock, then fold your right leg and place it under your left thigh, placing both your knees stacked one on top of the other.
- Fold your left arm and place it behind your back, now stretch your right arm from below, till it reaches your left hand.
- Keep the trunk (your middle body) erected, and lean back slightly.
- Hold this pose for as long as you can, release and repeat on your other side.
Benefits of Gomukhasana
- A good exercise to lose arm fat
- Gomukhasana burns belly fat fast
Sarvangasana is also called as the shoulder stand. It is important in stimulating the thyroid and parathyroid gland. This asana is also a good thyroid yoga asana. Here’s how you do it.
How to do Sarvangasana:
- Lie on your back with your hands on the sides.
- With one movement, lift your legs, buttocks, and back so you come as high on your shoulders. Support yourself with your arms.
- Keep straightening your legs and keep them firm.
- Keep breathing deeply and hold this for 30-60 seconds before releasing.
Benefits of Sarvangasana
- Reduces excess fat from abdomen, hips, and arms
- Improves blood flow in various parts of your body
- Relieves back pain problem
This is also known as the Plow Pose. This pose prepares the field of one’s body and mind and also provides deep rejuvenation. It is one of the best Ramdev Baba yoga asanas for weight loss. Here’s how you do it.
How to do Halasana:
- Lie down on your back and place your arms on the ground.
- While inhaling, using your abdominal muscles, lift your leg off the ground till it makes 90 degrees with the ground.
- Breathe in normally and continue to lift your hip and your back with help of your arms off the ground.
- Make a 180-degree angle with your legs by pulling them over your head till the toes touch the ground.
- Hold this pose for some time and let your body relax while you take deep breaths.
- Bring your legs down while exhaling, for the purpose of relaxation.
Benefits of Halasana
- Halasana helps in reducing the excess fat from your body. It helps in toning the belly, hip, thigh region
- Improves flexibility of your body
This posture is also commonly called the Headstand. It not only improves blood circulation to the brain but also brain function and memory. It cures insomnia and betters your stomach related problems. Shirshasana is one of the best Ramdev Baba yoga asanas for weight loss. Here’s how you do it.
How to do Shirshasana:
- Sit in the Vajra asana pose with your fingers interlocked and placed on the mat in front of you.
- Slowly place your head in the hollow created by your palm.
- Gently lift your leg upward and keep it straight.
- Your body position will be like a straight line from head to toe.
- Breathe normally and hold the pose for 15-20 seconds.
- Release the posture by bringing your legs down, repeat for 3 to 4 cycles.
Benefits of Shirshasana
- Improves blood flow to your brain and upper body
- Reduces excess fat from your body
- A good balancing asana
Here is an informative video from Bharat Swabhiman on Baba Ramdev Yoga for Weight Loss
This asana is especially important for strengthening your vertebral column. The asana is simple but hugely beneficial. Here’s how to do it.
How to do Bhujangasana:
- Lie down facing the floor i.e. on your stomach.
- Your hands will be on the sides. And make sure your toes touch each other.
- Move your hand to the front, Maintain a shoulder level, and place your palms on the floor.
- Your body weight will be on your palm, breath in slowly and raise your head and trunk.
- Arch in till the time your position is that of a cobra with a raised hood. Your shoulder blades, however, have to be firm and shoulders away from ears.
- Press your hips, feet, and thigh to the floor.
- Hold the asana for 15 to 30 seconds, and press your stomach against the floor.
- Bring your hands back to the sides, and rest your forehead on the ground.
- Place your head under your hands and then breathe normally.
Benefits of Bhujangasana
- Tones the abdominal region
- Improves the strength of your stomach muscles and improves the digestion
This asana is also called the standing forward bend pose and is characterized by intense stretching. It stretches the calves, hips, and hamstrings and keeps the spine strong and flexible.
Of all the other yoga benefits, this asana is very important in relieving the mind from stress and tension. It is also beneficial in easing the symptoms of menopause, asthma and intense headaches. Here’s how you do it.
How to do Uttanasana:
- Begin in the mountain pose. Keep your hand on your hips.
- Breath out and at the same time bend forward. Keep in mind you need to bend from the hip joint and not the waist.
- Pull your stomach inward and try to stretch as much as possible.
- Keep your knees straight and place your fingertips beside your feet or touch the back of your ankles with them.
- Let your head hang loose, releasing all your stress and tension.
- Stay in the posture for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- To release from the asana, bring your hands to your hips and rotate the hip joint to stand straight.
Benefits of Uttanasana
- Fat loss is the biggest benefit of uttanasana. If you observe the asana position it provides stretch to your thighs and abdominal region, resulting in toning the muscles
- Improves flexibility of your body
This asana is also called the child pose. Of all the benefits it serves, the most important is that it relieves constipation and calms down the nervous system. This asana is also of tremendous help to provide relaxation to your back. Here’s how you do it.
How to do Shishuasana:
- Sit on your heels and keeping your hips on the heels, lower your forehead to the floor.
- Keep your arms along the side of your body and your palms facing up.
- Press your upper body against your thighs but do it gently.
- Hold this position for at least 30 to 40 seconds.
- Gently come back to the sitting position in order to release from the position.
Benefits of Shishuasana
- Improves the digestive health and reduces the belly fat
- Relives constipation and digestion related problems
This asana is particularly helpful for releasing the trapped gases in the large intestine. The digestive system is improved by this asana and the asana is also important in reestablishing the blood circulation of internal organs. This is an asana of great health importance. Here’s how to do it.
How to do Pavanmuktasana:
- Sleep on your back and while inhaling slowly, lift your legs so that they form the right angle with the ground.
- Bend both of your legs at the knees and rest them against the abdomen. Make sure to keep the ankles and knees together.
- Encircle the knees, your hands should clasp the knee in a way that the grasp the opposite elbow.
- Bend your neck forward and place your chin on your knees.
- Hold on to this position before releasing.
Benefits of Pavanmuktasana
- Helps in getting rid of bloating
- This asana helps in reducing constipation and many other digestion related health problems
- Fat loss is another one of the most important benefits of this asana
This is also known as the Monkey Pose and is greatly important for improving the flexibility of the spine and has certain digestive benefits. Here’s how you do it.
How to do Markatasana:
- Lie on your back with your toe and heels joined together.
- While inhaling, bend your knees and legs on the right and your neck to the left. You should try to touch your knees on the ground and look as to the left as possible.
- Hold on to the position for as long as you can.
- Exhale and roll back to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side.
Benefits of Markatasana
- Relaxes the hand and leg muscles
- Provides stretch to the abdominal muscles and helps in weight loss
This is also known as the Locust Pose and have various advantages. This pose enhances the total circulation of blood in our body. This asana is also very important in maintaining the acid-base balance of the body. Here’s how you do it.
How to do Shalabasana:
- Lie on your belly and place your arms on either side of your body.
- While inhaling, lift your legs and upper torso.
- Using your inner thigh strength, lift your legs upwards without bending your knees.
- Hold the pose for a minute and then release.
Benefits of Shalabhasana
- Strong lower body
- Beneficial for good bowel movement and digestive health
Also known as the Bow Pose, this asana is helpful in opening up the chest and neck and also provides for better digestive health. Here’s how you do it.
How to do Dhanurasana:
- Lie on your stomach, with your arms by your body and feet hip-width apart.
- Folding your knees, hold your ankles by your hands from behind.
- Breathe in and pull your chest off the ground while pulling your legs up. Your body should now look like a bow.
- Hold this position for 15 to 20 seconds, the release.
Benefits of Dhanurasana
- This asana helps in burning the belly fat at a faster rate
- It also provides stretch to your hands and legs resulting in arm fat loss and toned thighs.
This asana is also called the Cat Pose. This pose stretches your spine and relaxes the mind. Here’s how you do it.
How to do Marjariasana:
- Come on your fours with your back and arms straight.
- Your knees should be hip-width apart and your arms perpendicular to the ground.
- Look straight. Inhale, raise your chin, tilt your head back and push your navel downward while raising your tailbone.
- Hold the position for some time and release from the position by countermovement.
Benefits of Marjariasana
- It is a good abdominal exercise which provides a flat belly
- It is a beneficial exercise for women who have problems related to menstruation
Baba Ramdev Tips for Weight Loss
You have seen how slim Baba Ramdev is. He is able to maintain a healthy, flexible, disease-free body because of the exercise, meditation, and diet he follows. I will help you with the Baba Ramdev Tips for Weight Loss and you can follow these to get a slim and healthy body.
1. Drink A Lot of Water
Water is the best purifying agent for our body. All the toxins from the body are washed away by water when you drink it in the right quantity. The right quantity of water changes as per the season. So the best way to ensure you are drinking the right quantity of water is by checking your urine color.
It is advisable to drink the amount of water which turns your urine clear. It should not be yellow in color. You can also opt for natural cold drinks like sugarcane juice, sweet lime juice, lemon water, honey cinnamon water etc. These drinks will help you throw out the toxins aiding in weight loss.
2. Do regular yoga asanas
Exercise should be part of your daily life. Baba Ramdev is so fit because he practices yoga daily. Yoga asanas not only provides strength to your body it also brings in flexibility and weight loss benefits. You can start with yoga for beginners if you are not very familiar with how to do complex yoga asanas.
3. Meditation is the Key
Many people believe the meditation technique is only to get inner peace, but this is not right. Meditation provides relaxation to inner as well as the outer body. When you meditate this will help your body get the time to recover from the wear and tear of muscles happened during your physical exercise session.
4. Stay away from non-veg food
Baba Ramdev is a yogi and nobody knows the importance of diet more than a yogi. If you would have observed great yogis are able to practice yog-nidra and meditation because of the peace they have. Non-veg food takes out the peace part from your body. It is very difficult to practice yoga or meditation if you eat non-veg as it makes hard for your body to concentrate.
When people ask baba regarding the protein intake, he replies with a smile “Mother earth has blessed us with all the nutrients naturally. We don’t have to kill an innocent animal to get it. Green vegetables give us vitamins and minerals. Dairy products give us the protein required. So everything is provided in great quantity from mother earth, we just need to discover her blessing”.
5. Say No to Soft Drinks
“Soft Drinks are not cold drinks they are toilet cleaners,” said Baba in an interview. Soft drinks have a lot of chemicals, co2, sugar etc in it which are very much dangerous for your body. If you consume soft drinks regularly it will reduce the vitamin D or calcium level from your body and you can face various bone related issues.
Yoga is hence of primary importance and can be easily mastered by you with some effort. As Baba Ramdev preaches a few minutes of morning yoga will make you fit and let you carry on your everyday rituals with so much more ease and peace of mind.