How to Lose Arm Fat Fast : 17 Powerful Exercises, Diet & Tips
How to lose arm fat fast?
Are there any exercises to lose arm fat fast?
You might be thinking on the same line when you see the extra fat saturated in your arm region. It looks ugly and it not good for your health too. In today’s post, we will discuss the ways to get rid of arm fat quickly. I have written 17 exercises for arm fat. You can choose and perform as per your wish 🙂
Burning fat is a tremendous task if one is not into proper exercising or physical activities. Arm fat which also known as arm flab is nothing but an accumulation of fat cells in the arm region. This not only makes the arms bulky but is also a reason for people to be frustrated and distressed. Most people head towards the gym with the intention of reducing belly fat, fat from their thighs, and arms. Even if burning arm fat needs a lot of efforts it is not impossible and with proper diet and exercise it is absolutely possible. So in today’s article, I will help you with 17 powerful exercises to lose arm fat fast (1).
How Do You Gain Arm Fat?
Although it is a matter of genes for most people, food also plays an important role in gaining arm fat. The main reasons why people gain arm is due to the excessive consumption of junk and fat-rich food, which leads to the increase in the number of fat cells. Eating patterns affect our body structure, as much as 100 calories extra per day is enough for us to gain around 1 pound a month.
Consuming excessively sugary food or oily and spicy food is a reason why most of us gain fat. Also, cold drinks and soda consumption on a regular basis can also result in excess body fat. No one knows where exactly one might gain the weight (2).
So, focus on healthy food and regular exercise to get rid of the arm fat. Below discussed are 7 exercises which are powerful in reducing your fat in the arm region. Let’s take a look at these.
How to Lose Arm Fat Fast: 17 Exercises to Lose Arm Fat
1. Wrist Rotation
One of the easiest exercises, wrist rotation involves the using of a dumbbell(also called barbel).
How to Do Wrist Rotation
- To do this exercise, first, hold the barbels in both of your hands, stretch your hands apart as if you are giving the well-remembered titanic pose.
- Now bring your arms together again.
- Repeat this till you are unable to do it any longer.
- Now move your hands up and down sideways, do this again till your arm muscles get proper stretch.
- This exercise requires swift movements and for short periods of time, rather than being slow and time-consuming.
2. Push Ups
This is an exercise which does not require any instrument to be performed. However, most people do it wrong and continue doing so until they are corrected by others. To perform the perfect push up, follow the following techniques. Push-ups is a right answer to the question how to get rid of arm fat fast?
How to Do Push-ups correctly?
- Lay flat on your body touching the ground,
- While placing your hand on the ground, try keeping your elbows and palms at a little distance from your head.
- Keep your face up in a way that when you come down, your chin touches the ground first and not your nose.
- Keep your feet in a comfortable position
- Inhale properly, that is extremely crucial.
An essential cardio exercise, this exercise helps not only in reducing overall body fat but also tones the arm muscles, reducing fat and toning the muscles.
3. Tricep Dips
Push-ups target the whole body for fat reduction whereas tricep dips are very appropriate for targeting triceps. Lift up the body weight and down by balancing on your hands and feet. It increases the strength of the muscles, and this is necessary as we tend to lose muscle strength as we age. This is one of the best exercises to burn arm fat.
Training using the machines and tools available at the gym is a good option, but doing the dips is effective as it does not include the muscles. This exercise can be done as a part of warm-up exercises.
How to do Tricep Dips
- Sit with your feet on the ground and knees together. Then, put your hands on the ground and relax.
- Next, putting your weight on your palms and feet, try raising your body, and after keeping it up for some time, bring it out.
- Repeat this exercise, but be careful to not overdo it as it may cause pain in your joints.
4. Weighted Punch
Weighted punch is one of the best exercises to lose arm fat. It is one of the best exercises to lose weight.
- Practicing 5-10 pound dumbbell punching for 20-30 mins on a daily basis is a useful exercise if you wish to reduce the fat around your shoulder and arm.
- The punching should be done in a speedy manner and not slowly, and one should never go for slow punches with light weights, as it will not have any fruitful effect on his arm muscles.
- Using weight and punching fast in the air requires force and increased effort (since the weights provide resistance). This puts the strain on the arm muscles, toning them and bringing them back in shape.
- It is also a brilliant way to increase the strength of your arms. However, care should be taken to not overdo this exercise as one might hurt himself or cause injuries to his arm and internal parts.
5. Floor Pull Up
For this highly effective exercise, you need to first position your body in a correct manner.
How to do Floor Pull Up
- First, sit on the floor with your knees together.
- Then, aligning your hands in a straight position above your head, bend them towards the floor in such a way that the arms from a 45-degree angle with the floor and the feet form a 90-degree angle with the thighs.
- Now, keeping your body in a relaxed position, and along with proper breathing, pull your arms (while you have kept your elbows locked) towards your torso.
- After you have done so successfully, you may relax your arms, and then repeat the same muscular activity by bringing your arms in a vertical position with your torso.
- As you get better at this, you can obviously increase your exercising by doing more sets and doing so with greater pressure. These make your muscles, especially your arm muscles go stronger and fitter.
6. Weight Lift
Start this one real slow.
How to Weight Lift
- First, try lifting lighter squats from the floor. Your body must be positioned in a way that you can be stiff on your legs while lifting the barbels.
- Then, after you have lifted them off the ground, slowly take them to the top of your head.
- Yes, this will not be possible if you are a beginner. So if you are unable to do so on the first day itself, do not be disheartened.
- Try doing this regularly and try increasing the weight of the squats as you get better at this.
- With a regular and timely practice of this one, you will not only become a pro at it, you will also get a toned body and arms!
7. Lateral Planks
Although this one might seem very scary, this one isn’t half as tough as it seems. Doing side planks involves a little determination. It is one of the best exercises to lose arm fat fast. It is also one of the best exercises for abs.
How to Do Lateral Planks
- First, lay down on any one side of your body, either right or left, keeping your hands at the sides.
- Next, supposing you are doing this with your right side on the floor, then take your right palm to get support, and by keeping it on the floor, push your body up from the ground, and make sure that your knees and the upper portion of your body are in one straight line.
- After staying in this position for around 20-30 seconds, bring your torso and legs down, slowly.
- Repeat this exercise for 10-15 times per day, and see how much benefited you will be.
Here is an amazing video on arm fat exercises from XHIT Daily
8. Lateral Plank Walk
Lateral plank walk helps your arms to put more strain on the bulkier region and reduce the fat from the region. It also helps in increasing your arm bone and muscle strength. This is an easy exercise to do but needs to focus on balance. If you do this exercise regularly for 1-2 weeks you will start noticing the difference.
How to Do Lateral Plank Walk
- Lie down straight on your stomach with arm facing down by your side.
- Get into the plank pose as shown in the first part of the below image.
- The next step is to cross the region with your arms (in the plank position).
- Make a scissor of your arms as shown in the second pose. Stay for few seconds in this position and feel the stretch in your arm region.
- Moving your feet with the arms, put the right palm to the right of the left palm to come in the standard plank position.
- Repeat in the other direction.
9. Aerolean Push Ups
Aerolean push-ups are also a form of arm exercise which helps you get rid of arm fat fast. This is a simple exercise in which a body balance is to be maintained while swaying from one arm to another.
How to Do Aerolean Push Ups
- Lie down on your stomach as explained in the earlier exercise. Your hands need to be on your side and palms touching the ground.
- Gently lift your body up to come to a normal push up position.
- Keep your both the legs together. This will help you to maintain your balance during the exercise.
- Bend your left elbow and let your body sway to the left side as much as possible.
- Feel the stretch in your left arm.
- Gradually straighten your left arm and come to the starting push up position.
- Repeat this exercise with the other arm.
10. Counter Push Ups
These are same as normal push-ups but counter push-ups are done while standing. This helps you to put more pressure on your arm, shoulder region and strengthen your muscles. This is one of the most simple but effective exercises to get rid of arm fat.
How to Do Counter Push Ups
- Stand straight with arms by your side.
- With the support of the platform in front, take a push-up position.
- Make sure your legs are together. If you keep the legs apart the body posture will not help you put the required pressure on the arm region.
- Keep your back and shoulders in one straight line.
- Start the push-up exercise and do at least 20 push up in one set.
11. Scissors Arm Exercise
Scissors arm exercise is the simplest of all the exercises to lose arm fat. It is a rhythmic exercise with the swing of hands.
How to Do Scissors Arm Exercise
- Stand still with some distance in between your legs.
- Stretch your hands out wide as shown in the first part of the below image.
- Bring your right leg forward and cross the left leg. At the same time, your hands will form a shape of scissors.
- Go back to the starting position.
- Try the same exercise with the different pair of hand and leg.
12. Arm-Leg Lift
Arm leg lift is a type of plank exercise. As can be seen in the image below this exercise is done with one leg and one arm.
How to Do Arm Leg Lift
- Lie down on your stomach.
- Get into a normal plank pose.
- Raise your left arm in parallel to your shoulder-eye line.
- At the same time lift your right leg up and get in in a straight line.
- Attain your original position.
- Repeat with the other arm and leg.
13. Shoulder T
Shoulder T is an exercise done with the help of weight or dumbbell. The weight helps in exerting pressure on the arm region resulting in toning of the arm muscles.
How to Do Shoulder T
- Pick up a dumbbell you are comfortable with and stand straight.
- Keep some distance between your legs as shown in the image below.
- Raise both your hands to form a T shape.
- Maintain the T position for a few seconds and feel the stretch in your arm region.
- Come back to your normal position.
14. Arm Press Back
Another dumbbell exercise which helps in reducing the arm fat. Your posture is very important in this exercise as the wrong posture can create various back problems.
How to Do Arm Press Back
- Pick the dumbbell weight you are comfortable with and stand straight.
- Keep some distance between your legs.
- Bend forward slightly as shown in the picture below. Make sure you bend through the hip and not stomach region.
- Pull the dumbbell toward you and then backward. Make sure your hands are straight as shown below.
- Hold this position for few seconds and then come back to your normal starting position.
- Do at least 20 sets.
15. Body Bridge
Another arm fat workout, which helps in reducing the underarm fat. Reverse table top can be slightly difficult if you are trying it for the first time. Make sure you maintain your balance while doing this exercise because if you lose your balance it can result in an injury.
How to Do Body Bridge
- Sit comfortably in the posture shown in the image below.
- Keep the palms on the ground and lift your legs to make a tabletop shape.
- Hold this position for at least 5-10 sec.
- Come back to the starting position and relax. Repeat at least 5 times.
16. Bicep Curls
It can also be termed as the simple dumbbell exercise. Get the weight as per your convenience.
How to Do Bicep Curls
- Get the dumbbell of your choice.
- Keep a gap between your legs.
- Pull the dumbbell up to make a curl.
- Do 3 rounds of 20 rips each.
17. Dolphin Dive
Have you seen a dolphin dive? The rhythm, flexibility it has is amazing. This exercise is named after the same dolphin dive. In this exercise, the body shape is same as that of a dolphin dive. It provides strength to your arms and abdominal region. It is also one of the best hip exercises.
How to Do Dolphin Dive
- Get into the normal plank position as shown in the image below.
- Pull your hip portion up just as to imitate the dive of dolphin.
- Stay in this position for 5-10 sec.
- Get into the starting position.
Cardio Exercises to Lose Arm Fat Fast
I have received feedback from many readers saying is weight training important to lose arm fat? It is not at all compulsory but helpful to lose the unwanted fat. Cardio exercises are also important in losing the excess fat. It can be any stubborn belly fat or thigh fat or even the arm fat, cardio exercise can get rid of it.
HIIT Exercises to Get Rid of Arm Fat
High-intensity workouts are helpful in reducing the unwanted fat. HIIT exercises increase the heart rate and pumping of blood which result in the burning of calories. If you do HIIT exercises 2 times per week and then try some weight training for a couple of days, you would get good results in a month.
Yoga to Reduce Arm Fat
Yoga exercise is one of the best stretching exercises available. If you start doing yoga with a precision you will see most of your unwanted body fat disappearing in just a few weeks. There are various types of exercises in yoga and Suryanamaskar is a perfect full body workout.
Tips to Lose Arm Fat Fast
Apart from doing these on a regular basis (and by regular, it is meant that you will seriously be regular), you must also try to maintain the following:
1. Balanced Diet to Lose Arm Fat Fast
Always try avoiding calorie-rich foods or sugary drinks. Also, eat protein-rich foods, Fiber-rich foods, essential fatty acids and a lot of vegetables and fruits to keep in shape. Always consume fat-free foods, and if you do eat fatty foods, then try to consume only thumb size of those meals. Restrict your food habits, and along with regular exercise, you are bound to get the desired results.
Protein Rich Foods
If you visit a dietician and ask for a plan to lose weight, the first thing she will tell is to increase protein intake. Your body looks bulkier if you have a high proportion of fats as compared to protein. 1 Kg of fat consumes 4-5 times the size compared to 1 Kg of protein/muscles. Start including protein-rich foods like eggs, chicken, paneer etc in your diet.
Fiber is very important to keep your stomach in good shape. If you have sufficient intake of fiber every day you will not get any stomach or digestion related problem. Include fiber-rich foods like sweet potato, corn, green veggies etc in your daily diet.
2. Regular Exercise
If you do not do the exercises properly, then chances are that they will have adverse effects and you will not just get the reverse effects, but you may also hurt yourself or cause internal injuries which are fatal if ignored. Doing your cardio wrong is the last thing you would want to do, and doing them wrong on a regular basis will cause more harm than good. Hence, do your exercises carefully.
3. Do not Overdo
whatever you do, always do the needful, and never ever try to do more than you are required to do. For example, if you do around 10 pushups one day and all of a sudden do 40 the next day, then you will not only strain yourself but will also get the reverse effects. Also, don’t do it for longer than you are required to do.
4. Get Proper Rest
Adequate rest is necessary for you to gear yourself up for the daily workout routine. Resting charges up your body systems, making you recharged an ready for the next dose of work out. Follow these tips to lose weight fast.
5. Water Intake to Lose Arm Fat Fast
If your body is well hydrated, your chances to do the fat loss increases. The fat is decomposed into CO2 and water when it breaks down. To break down the fat you need to do regular exercise, take proper diet and drink a lot of water.
6. Eat Less
One of the main reasons to put on weight is eating a lot at a single time. If you stuff yourself with a lot of food at a single point in time, your body cant digest and burn the calories to maintain your weight. The excess energy is stored in your stomach, arm, hips region to form bulky fat. If you eat less, your body gets time to burn the calories and you don’t put on weight. You can read my post how to eat less for more details.
7. Green Tea to Lose Arm Fat Fast
Green tea can help you lose weight if you plan the diet right. It has a lot many vital nutrients which helps you to reduce the fat deposits from your arm, belly, and hips. You can read my post on how to make green tea to know the proper way of preparing green tea for maximum benefits. The health benefits of green tea are countless.
8. Carry out small lifestyle changes
I have seen many people taking an elevator even if they want to go on 1st or 2nd floor of the building. If you want to lose weight the first thing that needs change is your attitude towards accepting the change. If you make such small changes to take stairs than an elevator it can burn extra calories and help in making your legs toned. It is helpful to lose extra fat and can help you to achieve your fat loss goal early.
Every person wishes to be in a healthy shape, no matter how the body structure is. It does not matter whether you are thin or excessively fat, you must first detect the causes behind your structure so that you can yourself understand how to deal with it.
Hope you have got an idea of how to get rid of fat arms. Read the FAQs if you still have some query.
Frequently Asked Questions on How to Lose Arm Fat Fast
Q: How to Lose Arm Fat in A Week?
Ans: Reducing arm fat require proper arm exercise, diet and lifestyle changes. Make sure you do regular exercises to lose arm fat like push-ups, planks etc. Don’t overdo the exercise as it might be harmful to your muscles.
Q: How to Lose Upper Arm Fat?
Ans: Upper arm fat can be reduced with proper arm exercise, balanced diet, and simple lifestyle changes. The exercises which can help you reduce upper arm fat are
- Shoulder T
- Counter Push Ups
- Bicep Curls
Q: How to Get Rid of Fat Under Arms?
Ans: Losing underarm fat is not so difficult with regular exercise, protein-rich diet, and simple lifestyle changes. Try the following exercises to lose underarm fat
- Push Ups
- Weighted Punch
- Lateral Plank Walk
- Arm Press Back