11 Natural Homemade Face Packs for Glowing Skin
Natural Homemade Face Packs for Glowing Skin are very useful. Being not happy with your skin tone is a problem we all face. The pollution and stress and strain of daily life have taken away the natural fair complexion that most of us had. Every one of us desires a radiant and glowing skin and regular visits to the parlour are not only expensive but also time-consuming. The models and actresses we see on magazines take the help of not only makeup but also photoshop to look glowing, fret not, you can also achieve fair and radiant skin at your home in the most inexpensive way possible by using simple face packs made with the most common daily ingredients!
Homemade Vs Market Beauty Products
The cosmetic industry has offered to us an entire array of products in tubes and bottles, but we should keep in mind that these products are mostly chemical based and may have some invariable harmful reactions to our face and skin. The harsh chemicals in these commercially viable products have mostly a temporary effect on the skin and they never really work deep into the inner skin layers. Going all natural is the best way to achieve your lost glow with the least possible chances of hazards. It is hence of great importance to us natural products on the skin in form of face packs (1).
The products available in the market are not cheap, and why splurge your hard earned money on such products when they only offer a short-term result! Instead, use these face packs that are all natural and easily viable and takes very little time for preparation and application. It is time to pamper your face with the best homemade face packs that assure a glowing and radiant skin. Homemade masks are truly effective in providing you with fairer complexion and a brighter skin that was, endowed to you naturally and had been submerged by the effect of pollution and ageing. In this post, we have shared some amazing Face Packs for Glowing Skin (2).
11 Natural Homemade Face Packs For Glowing Skin
1. Turmeric Face Pack
Turmeric is a historic ingredient in achieving fair and glowing skin. Try this face pack for a couple of weeks to get the best results.
How to Make Turmeric Face Pack
- In a bowl, take tablespoons of milk, add a spoon of lemon juice and half tablespoon of turmeric followed by two tablespoons of gram flour.
- Mix the ingredients well and do it on your face.
- Leave the pack for 15 minutes or until it becomes dry.
- Now, rinse your face or pat your face with a wet cotton cloth.
2. Besan Face Pack
Besan is very good for skin, it is one of the best home remedies for glowing skin.
How to Make Besan Face Pack
- In a bowl, add one by one, one tablespoon of besan or gram flour, one teaspoon of lime juice, a teaspoon of turmeric and rose water for the purpose of mixing.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly but make sure that the pack is not too dry or too wet.
- Apply this paste on your face and leave it until it becomes completely dry.
Once dry, wash your face off with cold water. This homemade mask is good for all skin types and does not pose any threat to your skin. This homemade remedy gives a natural fir and glowing skin, also leaving your face smooth and silky.
3. Almond Face Pack
Almond face pack is very good for your skin.
How to Make Almond Face Pack
- For this pack, you will need only 3-4 almonds and some milk to soak the almond in.
- In the morning, take as many almonds as you need, depending on the area where you will be applying the mask, and soak the almonds in the milk.
- At night, or after a substantial amount of time has passed, smash the almonds in the milk, if you need, you can also use additional milk at this point.
- Mash the almonds so they form a very fine paste. Apply the mask and leave it to dry all night.
- In the next morning, wash your face off in cold water. This face mask ensures that your skin is fair and glowing.
This homemade remedy makes your face silky and smooth. This pack is most suitable for dry skin, for which, use the pack once daily. For very dry skin use the mask twice daily or in case of oily skin, using the mask twice a week will prove worth it. You can follow the tips to get glowing skin for more benefits.
4. Papaya Face Pack
How to make Papaya Face Pack
- For this pack, you will need the ¼ bowl of papaya, half a teaspoon of sandalwood powder, half a teaspoon of aloe vera gel and rose water for mixing.
- Mash the papaya in a bowl and add the sandalwood powder and the aloe vera gel to it.
- Add a few drops of the rose water and mix the paste thoroughly.
- Apply the mask to your face and let it dry for about 20 minutes.
- After it is dry, wash your face using clean and cold water.
- This pack can be used 2-3 times a week.
Papaya is a full proof ingredient for the natural glowing skin as it contains a papain which can outdo the results of the combined chemicals of even the leading brands. The papain structure helps to deeply exfoliate your skin and helps your skin pores.
5. Oatmeal Face Pack
How to make Oatmeal Face Pack
- For this simple face pack, you will only need two tablespoons of oatmeal, 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder and some rose water.
- In a bowl add the oatmeal and the sandalwood powder, add the rose water gradually to form a thick paste.
- Apply this to your face and leave the face pack for 15 minutes.
- While washing off use the upward scrubbing motion. You can do this for at least twice a week.
Very few people are aware of the great benefits that oatmeal has in skin care. Oatmeal forms a very natural scrub and has the good antioxidants. The oatmeal components are very good for hydrating agents. The end result is a cleansed, scrubbed and a glowing skin.
6. Banana Face Pack
Banana Face Pack is a natural homemade face pack for glowing skin.
How to make Banana Face Pack
- For this pack, you will need half a banana, half a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of yogurt.
- You may also incorporate few drops of rose water too.
- The yogurt should be avoided in case of allergy towards dairy products.
- Mash the banana in a bowl along with the other ingredients and mix it well.
- Apply this on the face and let the pack dry naturally for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse off the pack with some lukewarm water.
- Repeat this pack for two times in a week.
This pack works very well because banana and honey are great sources of natural oxidants that fight the free radicals that may otherwise damage your skin cells. Free radicals also may cause dull, dry and patchy skin. Banana also acts as a moisturizer and reduces wrinkles in the skin. The effect can be noticed as soon as in 15 minutes.
7. Cucumber Watermelon Face Mask
How to make Cucumber Watermelon Face Mask
- This pack requires 2 tablespoon cucumber juice and 2 tablespoon watermelon juice.
- You may also use yogurt and 1 teaspoon milk powder.
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and apply on your face. Keep the mask for 15 minutes and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Watermelon helps to keep the skin clean and also removes blemishes and acts as a toner.
- Cucumber juice, on the other hand, is widely known for its skin whitening effects.
- Yogurt softens as well as tightens the skin and the milk powder acts as a binding agent in the mixture. This mask is essential for fair and glowing skin, use this thrice a week to see the effects.
Here is an informative video from Vogue
8. Potato and Lemon Face Pack
Potato Lemon face pack is one of the best natural homemade face packs for glowing skin. Follow a proper skin care routine to get glowing skin.
How to make Potato and Lemon Face Pack
- All you need for this simple mask are potato juice and some lemon juice.
- Mix both of the juices in fairly equal quantity.
- Now, apply this to all the body parts that remain exposed to the rays of the sun.
- Wait for 15 minutes and wash this off with some regular water.
This home remedy is both for fair and glowing skin and may eradicate the harmful tans from the rays of the sun. Both the ingredients have been proven to have profound skin whitening effects.
9. Milk Cream and Saffron Face Pack
How to make Milk Cream and Saffron
- You will need 2 tablespoon milk cream and a pinch of saffron for this pack.
- Mix the saffron strands in milk cream and let it blend overnight.
- In the morning, blend the milk cream with our fingers and simply apply it on your face.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and wash it off with normal water.
This home remedy is not only effective but also exotic. This pack lends a very healthy and natural glow to your skin and helps it to feel rejuvenated and fresh. A few drops of lemon juice may also be added to incorporate important antioxidant features into the mask.
10. Multani Mitti and Lemon Face Pack
Multani Mitti is very commonly available. It is one of the best natural homemade face packs for glowing skin.
How to make Multani Mitti and Lemon Face Pack
- All you need to do here is form a paste of 2 tablespoons of Multani Mittti along with a few tablespoons of lemon juice.
- You can also add to this few drops of rose water.
- Apply this thick paste to the skin and allow it to dry by keeping it on as long as it takes and only washes it off with some normal water only when it is fully dry.
- You can also use a wet cotton pad to wipe off the clay.
- Another effective means of washing this off is to utilize its dual purpose of a scrubber and scrub your face with water using upward motion only in order to avoid wrinkling.
11. Lemon and Honey Face Pack
How to make Lemon and Honey Face Pack
- For this simple face pack, all you need is lemon juice and honey.
- Combine lemon juice and honey in equal proportions and apply it to all those areas with blemishes or dry patches.
- Lemon juice is a great antioxidant and is very useful in order to remove tan and dark patches.
- On the other hand, honey is a great natural moisturizer and helps to restore a glowing tinge to your skin.
- Together, these two natural ingredients are of huge advantage to all those looking for a cheap but inexpensive way of making your skin feel fresh and glowing.
Tips for Applying Face Masks
- Always apply masks after a shower. It may feel a general trend to apply the mask before the shower. But it is actually the other way round you should always apply masks after a shower. Applying the mask after a shower is so much more beneficial. The hot water or the steam from the shower is a great way to open your pores which is definitely very helpful in case the mask be applied to such exfoliated skin.
- Using the appropriate tools for applying face mask is very important. You can really on paint brushes for this purpose. If all ends fail, remember your hands are the best tools.
When you wash the mask off, be careful to follow the instruction. If the instruction specifies the use of lukewarm water, remember to use it, if you do not, half the advantage of the mask is eradicated. So, always follow instructions.
- While preparing the mask, make sure to follow the exact measurements of the ingredients. The ingredients have been chosen and empirically tested and the correct dosage and measurements have been ascertained after much testing. So, it is important to follow these in order to escape all forms of hazards.
- After every application of a mask, make sure to follow it up by applying a toner. Adding a moisturizer to the routine is an everyday practice but the toner should not be missed at all. The right toner will help you capture all the benefits of the mask and help the mask have an enduring effect on your skin.
Glowing Skin is Really Possible
Homemade face masks are hence the ideal way for you to get the skin of your dreams. You have a plethora of options to choose from and all of these methods are age-old practices that have been radically tried and tested. These face masks yield wonderful results and are not even too labor intensive neither are they too complex. With a mix of simple one or two components, you can get fair and glowing skin that everyone will either envy or appreciate. You should be proud to be flaunting your newly cultivated fresh skin from all natural and fresh ingredients!