Ideal Height Weight Chart for Women & Men (with calculator)
Are you looking for Ideal Height and Weight Chart for Women?
What is Ideal Height and Weight Chart for Men?
In today’s article, I am going to answer all your questions regarding height and weight. So let us start.
It is highly essential for both male and female adults to maintain a healthy body weight according to their height. This helps in staying miles away from the diseases and illnesses. Being overweight or underweight is an abnormal condition that you should try to get rid of by doing exercises and taking a balanced diet. In today’s post, we will discuss on ideal height weight chart for adults (1).
Ideal Height and Weight Chart for Women
|4′ 6″||28 – 35 Kg.|
|4′ 7″||30 – 37 Kg.|
|4′ 8″||32 – 40 Kg.|
|4′ 9″||35 – 42 Kg.|
|4′ 10″||36 – 45 Kg.|
|4′ 11″||39 – 47 Kg.|
|5′ 0″||40 – 50 Kg.|
|5′ 1″||43 – 52 Kg.|
|5′ 2″||45 – 55 Kg.|
|5′ 3″||47 – 57 Kg.|
|5′ 4″||49 – 60 Kg.|
|5′ 5″||51 – 62 Kg.|
|5′ 6″||53 – 65 Kg.|
|5′ 7″||55 – 67 Kg.|
|5′ 8″||57 – 70 Kg.|
|5′ 9″||59 – 72 Kg.|
|5′ 10″||61 – 75 Kg.|
|5′ 11″||63 – 77 Kg.|
|6′ 0″||65 – 80 Kg.|
- The left figure under the ideal weight column indicates the minimum weight you should maintain and if your weight is below this figure will make you underweight (2).
- The right figure is the maximum limit of weight after which you will be overweight, then obese and eventually the Extremely obese (3).
- This is an ideal height and weight chart for women, so if your actual height & weight differ a little don’t worry nobody is perfect 😉
Ideal Height Weight Chart for Men
|4′ 6″||28 – 35 Kg.|
|4′ 7″||30 – 39 Kg.|
|4′ 8″||33 – 40 Kg.|
|4′ 9″||35 – 44 Kg.|
|4′ 10″||38 – 46 Kg.|
|4′ 11″||40 – 50 Kg.|
|5′ 0″||43 – 53 Kg.|
|5′ 1″||45 – 55 Kg.|
|5′ 2″||48 – 59 Kg.|
|5′ 3″||50 – 61 Kg.|
|5′ 4″||53 – 65 Kg.|
|5′ 5″||55 – 68 Kg.|
|5′ 6″||58 – 70 Kg.|
|5′ 7″||60 – 74 Kg.|
|5′ 8″||63 – 76 Kg.|
|5′ 9″||65 – 80 Kg.|
|5′ 10″||67 – 83 Kg.|
|5′ 11″||70 – 85 Kg.|
|6′ 0″||72 – 89 Kg.|
- If your weight is less than the normal, you can work out to add some weight to your body (4).
- If your body weight is beyond the normal limit, dieting and exercise could be your things to do (5).
- This is an ideal height and weight chart for men, so if you find any small difference in your actual height weight and ideal height weight given here don’t worry much.
Height Weight Ratio Calculator / BMI Calculator:
A BMI (Body Mass Index) Calculator helps you in roughly determining if you are underweight or overweight by using your height and weight data. You can check your BMI and know more about it in my other post on how to calculate BMI?
How to Read the BMI Score?
Reading BMI score is simple. Refer to the score you received from BMI calculator. Given below is the categorization of BMI Scores
- If your BMI is less than 18.5: Underweight
- If your BMI is between 18.5– 24.9: Normal
- If your BMI score is between 25.0– 29.9: Overweight
- If your BMI score is 30.0 and above: Obese
Foods for Weight Loss
A balanced diet is required to maintain a normal weight. Once people get to know they are overweight they start exercising and cut their diet. It is not at all right to eat less. Once you start exercising your body needs more energy and that can be received from good food.
Don’t eat less eat right is the mantra. Foods that are rich in proteins and low in calories would be ideal for weight loss. They boost metabolism and keep you feeling fuller for longer. You can also read my post on foods for weight loss to know more about which foods to eat while planning for weight loss. Also, you can follow the Indian diet chart for weight loss.
- Green leafy veggies
- Boiled Potatoes
- Legumes and Beans
Here is an informative video from Sneha S where she has given good natural home remedies to lose weight
Exercises for Weight Loss:
Food, Exercise and Rest are the three key areas to work on when you are planning to lose weight. We have seen the food part now let us focus on the exercise part.
If you are exercising after a long time it is advisable to do easy exercises, you can start with yoga asanas for weight loss. You can also go for cardio exercises as they help you increase the heart rate and help in burning excess fat. I have provided some exercise you can start with
- Get down on your hands and feet on the floor.
- Keep your body straight, belly sucked in, and hands underneath the shoulders.
2. Jumping Jack
- Stand straight with your feet together.
- Jump and simultaneously open your feet and lift your arms up to the shoulder line.
- Jump again to return to the starting position.
Skipping is an amazing exercise to increase height. This exercise involves rhythmic bouncing which helps in providing stimulus to your body. This helps in increasing the length of your bones resulting in height increase.
How to Do Skipping
- Stand straight with your abs tight and your feet together.
- Jump and simultaneously pass the rope from under your feet and bring it up.
Tips to Maintain a Healthy Weight:
- Eat healthy fresh and nutritious food in small portions.
- Make a habit of eating something healthy every two hours.
- Drink enough water.
- Take proper sleep.
- Workout at least 3-5 days a week.
- Refrain from eating junk food.
- Avoid Sugary drinks.
- Avoid Alcohol, Smoking and any kind of drugs.
- Live a stress-free life.
- Eat a balanced diet, never avoid any essential nutrient like carbs or fats.
You can maintain an ideal height-weight ratio by calculating your body mass index. With your BMI score, you can start working out on it until it is in a normal zone.
You can also try the foods that help you in your weight loss goal without the need to keep yourself hungry. Moreover, the exercises are a great way to get in the normal shape and lose or maintain a healthy weight faster than anything else.