Your Perfect Daily Skin Care Routine: 7 Minutes Routine for A Soft , Healthy & Glowing Skin
Skin problems such as pimples and dullness are quite common for almost everyone. Our beautiful glowing skin hides behind these pimples and dull skin. Such skin problems can be avoided by following a perfect daily skin care routine, which is even more important for those who apply makeup. Here is how you can keep your skin healthy and acne-free, plus some bonus tips lined up for you (1).
The Perfect Daily Skin Care Routine
Step 1: Start by Determining Your Skin Type
You can take a right and better care of your skin when you know the kind of skin you have. Here are the main types of skin that you may have (2)–
1. Oily Skin
Since this type of skin sees an excessive secretion of sebum (skin oil), therefore, it appears shiny and is greasy when touched. Also, the oily skin usually has big pores.
2. Dry Skin
Dry skin has a large number of dead cells present on the surface, making it flaky and scaly in appearance and feels rough when touched.
3. Sensitive Skin
Sensitive skin invokes burning, stinging, or itching sensation after using cosmetic or other products.
4. Combination Skin
As the name suggests, Combination skin is dry in some areas such as cheeks, and oily in others such as nose, chin, and forehead.
5. Normal skin
A normal skin is clear, balanced and insensitive to makeup or other cosmetic products.
Step 2: Cleaning your Skin/Face Wash
1. Cleaning Combination/Normal skin
- If you have a normal or combination skin, that doesn’t mean any soap out there will work well for you. It also doesn’t mean that you need to buy those expensive products. Just try them and fix to those that work.
- Take a soap or cleanser and apply it gently with your fingertips- no need to scrub.
- Wash your Face by using warm water and pat dry with a clean towel.
- How is it now? Is it oily or dried out? Then you need to try a different cleanser.
2. Cleaning Dry skin
- A cleanser that doesn’t have alcohol or fragrances will work excellently for your skin. Alcohol or fragrances can further dry out your skin.
- Apply the cleanser gently and then rinse with warm water. Avoid using hot water, which may remove natural oils from your skin faster.
- Exfoliate your skin once a week to eliminate the dead skin cells/flakes. This clears your skin and smoothens it.
3. Cleaning Oily skin
- For oily skin, an oil-free foaming cleanser is a right choice.
- Gently apply the cleanser and rinse it with warm water.
- After washing, you may use a toner or astringent. These products help you get rid of the extra skin oil, making your skin clean and less shiny. Don’t use these products if they irritate your skin.
4. Cleaning Sensitive skin
- Apply a gentle cleanser to wash your face and rinse with warm water.
- Pat dry with a clean towel.
- Do not exfoliate as that will only irritate your skin.
- Use products that have oats, aloe, green tea polyphenols, and chamomile. These ingredients soothe and calm your skin.
- Avoid using products that have irritating ingredients such as soap, acid, alcohol, or fragrance, for sensitive skin.
Step 3: Moisturize Your Skin
- All the skin types whether oily or dry need a moisturizer. So, choose and use the one that better suits your skin.
- Apply the moisturizer on damp skin, immediately after you have washed or rinsed it and pat dried. This helps seal the moisture in a better way.
- If your skin is oily, you should use a moisturizer that is oil-free and lightweight, so that it doesn’t block your skin pores.
- Moisturizing is one of the most important steps in daily skin care routine.
Step 4: Apply a Sunscreen
- Some moisturizers now have sunscreen added in them. However, it is better to use dedicated sunscreen lotion.
- Exposure to sun rays will damage your skin in just 15 minutes. Therefore, a sunscreen that provides a “broad spectrum” protection having an SPF of at least 30 is a right choice.
- You should wear your sunscreen daily, regardless of the cloudy or cold weather. Reapply it every 3-4 hours.
When and How Many Times Should You Wash Your Face
- Washing your face too much can dry out your skin. So, wash it at least twice or thrice a day.
- Rinse your face with plenty of lukewarm water in the morning. Then, pat it dry using a soft and clean towel.
- At night, apply a cleanser or gentle soap to remove makeup and to get rid of the dust and dirt.
- If you play sports or exercise, you can wash your face once more afterward using a gentle cleanser. This clears off the generated sweat and unclogs your pores, which also prevents acne.
Do Remove Your Makeup Before Going to Bed?
- Sometimes, when you are too tired, removing makeup before going to bed seems a mountain-big task. But, sleeping with your make up on can create new problems for your skin. It clogs your pores and leaves room for the acne to develop.
- So, use a make remover or a gentle cleanser to wash off your makeup. Use cotton pads or a soft washcloth.
What All You Need to Know About Acne?
- Acne is first observed when you are a teen, and your body is going through puberty. It is at this time that your body makes more hormones, causing your skin to secrete more oily sebum.
- Excess of sebum mixes with dead skin cells and clogs your pores along with trapping the bacteria.
- The bacteria then grow and multiply, which appears on the surface as pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads.
How Can You Treat Acne?
- The first rule- don’t pop the pimples, as it leads to infection, which leaves scars on the skin.
- You can try different products that fight acne, which come as lotions, creams, cleansing pads, and gels.
- Follow their directions strictly as using them too much or too often can irritate your skin. As a result, you might find your skin covered in even more blemishes.
- You may need to consult a dermatologist if your acne condition is worsening.
How to Hide Blemishes?
- To cover and conceal- Use an oil-free makeup.
- Large patches of acne– Use Foundation
- Smaller areas– Apply Concealer
- Redness– Use green-tinted color correcting concealer
Some concealers and tinted creams have benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid as ingredients. Don’t use the product that irritates your skin or causes more acne.
What Are The Dangers of Tanning?
- Sun or indoor tanning may appeal you from outside, but inside, it is doing more harm and inviting new problems.
- Exposing your skin to UV means increasing the risk of getting skin-cancer- now or later.
- Moreover, tanning causes your skin to go wrinkly and appear leathery with spots.
- Also, using tanning beds on a regular basis raises your odds of getting melanoma- a skin cancer, by eight times.
- Instead, go for Fake Tans. Try fake tans for a safer tan. These are sunless self-tanners, which stain your skin. They come as sprays, lotions, and towelettes.
- Alternatively, you can try airbrush tanning in a salon.
- Also, Bronzer- a tinted cream or brush-on powder, gives a quick fake tan.
How to Choose Makeup?
- Look for “noncomedogenic” or “non-acnegenic” on the product label. With these products, you will have fewer chances of getting acne or your pores getting blocked.
- Water-based makeups are better than the oil-based ones.
- Replace your eye makeup after using it for 4 months.
Safety Tips With Makeup
- Use fresh applicators to try makeup in stores.
- Never share your makeup or makeup tools.
- Avoid applying eyeliner inside your eyelid. It can irritate your eyes.
- Buy a new makeup kit if you have or had an eye infection.
- Don’t put on makeup in a moving bus or car.
- Stay away from false advertising
- Don’t get fooled by seeing the perfect skin of a model in the advertisement. What all you see today is not the truth. There are professionals and stylist working in the background to give her that picture-perfect look. Besides, Graphic artists digitally remove freckles and pimples. The advertisement is shot in controlled lighting and shadow to highlight her best features.
- It is smart to read genuine reviews and then decide.
Bonus Tips for Your Skin
- Don’t pop your pimples.
- Apply gel and hairspray by keeping them away from your face.
- Avoid wearing wool hats or tight headbands, which can irritate your skin.
- Don’t smoke as it causes your skin to age and makes it dry and yellow.
Food Tips for a Healthy Skin
- Choose your diet smartly to keep your skin healthy and glowing. Veggies, whole grains, and fruits are the best.
- Go for lean protein sources such as fish, lean meat, chicken, eggs, and beans.
- Avoid foods that are rich in salt, sugar, cholesterol, saturated fats, and trans fats.
- Get plenty of sleep to keep dull skin, fine lines, and dark circles at bay.
- Practice Yoga and Exercises.
- Relax and reduce your stress.
Follow this perfect skin care routine to keep your skin smooth and healthy always. If you use makeup, go for one that is oil-free, which doesn’t block your pores. Moreover, a healthy diet also plays a critical role in the health of your skin. So, choose a diet containing all the essential nutrients and rich in protein. Moreover, get a good sleep of 6-8 hours and stay relaxed to prevent other skin problems from developing.