Chris Pratt Weight Loss Journey
Chris Pratt, the famous American actor, has been ruling the heart of the audience from his role as Andy Dwyer in NBC sitcom Parks and Recreation. He received a nomination in critics’ choice television award for best-supporting actor for the role of Andy Dwyer. Chris Pratt Weight Loss is very inspiring and motivating. Read on to know more about celebrity weight loss.
Chriss began his journey in television in The WB drama series Everwood as Bright Abbott. He played notable roles in many films like Wanted, Money Ball, The Five-year Engagement, Zero Dark Thirty, Deliveryman, Her and others. His role in movies The Lego Movie and Guardians of the galaxy have helped him achieve the title of a leading man twice.
After the success of these films, he was starred in Jurassic Parks and gained a lot of fame and was a part of its sequels. Infinity war another commercially successful movie of Chris Pratt has helped him to mark his name in the top 100 list of most influential people in the world by times.
His story about gaining and losing weight from chubby Andy to athlete body star lords has gained the attention of a lot of audience towards him. His upcoming movies The Lego Movie 2 and Untitled Avengers film will surely move the hearts of fans.
Also Read: Amy Schumer Weight Loss Journey
Chris Pratt Before Weight Loss
Being in the film industry gaining and losing weight is a part of life. For the role of Andy in NBC sitcom Parks and Recreation, Chris Pratt portrayed himself as a chubby guy and justified his role. It gave him a lot of appreciation but for his role in Money ball as Scott Hatteberg, he was said to be too fat for which he came in shape.
Like the other actors, he also gained weight for his further huge hit movies and also shredded for his movies like Zero dark thirty. But eventually for the movie Delivery Man.
Chris Pratt has always been openly speaking about his weight gain and in one such interview, he jokingly said that the only reason that he was putting was the cooking of his then-wife Anna. But in fact, the role had made him grow huge and bulky. Chris pratt weight loss journey was a roller coaster ride for him.
Also Read: Jorge Garcia Weight Loss Journey
Here’s a video in which Chris is talking about his journey and positivity to lose weight.
Criticism Faced due to Weight Gain
After the successful movie. Delivery man, Chris got in touch with the director for the movie Guardians of the Galaxy but he was refused and was laughed off because of the weight that he had gained. Being heavy and bulky is not suitable for a Super Hero role. This reason for getting rejected made himself to sit and think about getting back in shape for his roles in further movies.
Also Read: Khloe Kardashian Weight Loss Journey
What did he do to Lose Weight?
Before being a chubby guy, Chris was a Yo-Yo dieter and with his strong determination to reduce the extra pounds around his body, he got back to the size of a superhero from a hunk.
Being a celebrity he had his Nutritionist and Personal trainers to help him achieve his target to lose weight. Chris pratt weight loss was no miracle, it was an outcome of his consistent and sincere efforts.
In the short span of six months, Chris had almost lost 60lbs, which was a great loss in such a small time frame. Generally, a healthy weight loss is at a rate of 2 lbs a week but Chris managed to lose 2.3lbs a week. The workout and diet that he followed is no longer a Hollywood secret.
To lose the extra pounds of his body, Chris Pratt had followed 90 days high-intensity home workout and was also involved in running, swimming and boxing to build the perfect body.
Also Read: Vincent Herbert Weight Loss Journey
Chriss Pratt Weight Loss Workout
A workout that Chris Pratt followed:
- Treadmill (run at 5.0 speed for 10 min)
- Pull-ups (3 sets, 5 reps)
- Push up (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Squat (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Lat pulldowns (6 sets, 20, 15, 15, 15, 12, 12 reps)
- Dumbbell rows (5 sets, 20, 15, 12, 12, 12 reps)
- Barbell curls (6 sets, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 10 reps, each set is followed by 5 push-ups)
- DB concentration curls (3 sets, 10, 10, 9 reps)
- Bench press (4 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6 reps)
- Incline bench press (4 sets, 12 reps)
- Hammer strength bench press (4 sets, 15 reps)
- Weighted dips (4 sets, 10 reps)
- Standing cable flyes (4 sets, 12 reps)
- Military seated/standing press (7 sets, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 3 reps)
- Arnold press (4 sets, 12 reps)
- Barbell shrugs (4 sets, 12 reps)
- Lateral raise (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Front raise (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Rear delt flyes (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Squats (7 sets, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 3 reps)
- Deadlifts (4 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6 reps)
- Leg presses (1 set, until failure)
- Walking lunge (4 sets, 20 reps)
- Leg extensions (3 sets, 20 reps)
- Leg curls (3 sets, 20 reps)
- Standing calf raise (3 sets, 20 reps)
- Skull crushers (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Preacher curls (3 sets, 10 reps)
- French curls (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Hammer curls (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Triceps rope press down (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Wrist curls (3 sets, 20 reps)
- Reverse wrist curls (3 sets, 20 reps)
- Hanging leg raises (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Side plank (3 sets, 60-sec reps)
- Toes to bar (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Mountain climber (20-sec reps, 10-sec rest)
- Push-ups (20-sec reps, 10-sec rest)
- Jumping lunge (20-sec reps, 10-sec rest)
- High box jump (20-sec reps, 10-sec rest)
- Battle rope exercises (20-sec reps, 10-sec rest)
- Ball slam (20-sec reps, 10-sec rest)
- Burpee (20-sec reps, 10-sec rest)
- Leg lifts (20-sec reps, 10-sec rest)
- Tabata workout and other
Chriss Pratt Weight Loss Diet
With the lots of exercise routine of 4 to 5 hours was to be followed for 5 days a week. Chris pratt weight loss was supported by dietician and nutritionists.
His diet included low carb, paleo styled diet with a lot of water intake and high caloric food. Beer, hash brown, burger, junk food was kept at miles’ distance. Fried foods and crabs were also excluded. His weight loss diet included a lot of proteins, healthy fats, and low carb foods.
Dairy products were also bid bye for Chris Pratt. He with his team had achieved the success in shedding off the extra pound but the major role played was due to his determination.
He craved for the unhealthy food and even had midnight hunger but his determination and dedication towards his dream made him lose up to weight at rocket speed. And he was the part of Guardians of the Galaxy.
Also Read: Shannon Beador Weight Loss Journey
Tips from Chris Pratt
- Drink lots of water, more before meals. (1)
- Include black coffee or green tea in diet. (2)
- Eat eggs for breakfast
- Reduce intake of less refined carbs and additional sugar
- Have small meals on a small platter. (3)
- Working out is a must (4)
- Intake probiotics and low carb diet
- Boiled food is best
- Beat your food addictions
- Have juices instead of sugary drinks
- Protein supplements may help you
- Good sleep is also must (5)
- More veggies and fruits will be a great deal (6)
- Chew food slowly and more
- Include fiber-rich foods
- Eat spicy food
- Cardio and aerobics are great exercises to reduce
- Keep a check on calories
- Walking is the best exercise.
Also Read: Rob Kardashian Weight Loss Journey
What does Chris Pratt say on his reduction?
Though he has learned from his transition phase from being bulky to showing good abs that he must eat healthy to stay healthy.
Eating junk and unhealthy food will add to the fats and help him put on. Also, he has open up about the pressure that he is having for staying slim and all that he is doing for the same.
The simple motto he suggests to all those who are trying to reduce that extra pound is ear healthy, workout daily. He also exclaims about his diet, that now abuts relaxed but still a strict to follow to avoid all the gains of fats around his body.
Inclusions of probiotics and protein in the diet are must with very high intake of water. For workout and exercises, you can take the assistance of the good trainer around you.
Activities like jogging, walking, swimming, dancing also help to reduce weight(7). Other factors that help to reduce weights are your lifestyle and daily routine, sleep pattern, exercise schedule, hormonal functionality all these indirectly or directly adds into the bodyweight either to lose or gain(8).
Eat healthily, stay healthy and Workout daily to be slim and fit.