13 Best Acupressure Points for Weight Loss (with video)
Acupressure is a 2000-year-old traditional Chinese technique which involves putting pressure/massaging certain points on our body. Acupressure regulates blood flow, the flow of energy in your body and results in magical benefits for your health. This technique is used to relieve pain, eliminate health issues and even to achieve healthy weight loss. Today we will discuss Acupressure Points for Weight Loss.
Acupressure and The Weight Loss
Putting adequate pressure on meridian points on your body helps in increasing the blood flow and energy flow. This massage can help you in improving various body functions like digestion, sleep, blood flow etc. Once your various body functions are regulated it helps in reducing excess fat. (2)
Acupressure Points for Weight Loss
1. Acupressure Points for Weight Loss in Feet
If you consult an acupressure practitioner s/he will advise you to walk barefoot at least once a week. Human feet have many acupressure points which if pressed correctly can help improve your health. The middle portion of feet has an acupressure point that helps in weight loss. The exact location of this point is shown in the below image.
Press this acupressure point for 1-2 min in a rhythmic motion. Put adequate pressure so as to get the energy flowing.
2. Acupressure Points in Hand for Weight Loss
The palm region of your hand has various acupressure points that work wonders when pressed correctly. The acupressure points can help in improving your lung, heart, kidney, various glands and liver functions. The region near your thumb is a pressure point for weight loss. Press this point daily for at least 10-15 sec in one round, perform such 5 rounds and you will start observing good results in 2-3 months.
3. Acupressure Points for Weight Loss in Upper Lip
Our face is the host of many acupressure points for weight loss. One such point is an upper lip region. The depression on your upper lip is an excellent acupressure point. If you press this point for 10-15 sec daily you will notice the magical effect in a few months.
4. Acupressure Points in Ankle for Weight Loss
The acupressure point in the ankle region is another good pressure point for weight loss. It helps in improving blood flow in the leg region. The ankle pressure point helps in relaxing the leg region and also helps to get the energy flowing and help in weight loss.
5. Acupressure Points for Weight Loss in Knee
This acupressure point is located 2-3 inches below the kneecap towards the outer side of your leg. Press this point for one minute with your forefinger then relax for few seconds and repeat for 2 times. It helps in improving the digestion and assimilation of nutrients which promotes weight loss.
6. Acupressure Points in Elbow for Weight Loss
This point is very good for detoxification as it targets the large intestine. It helps to excrete excess water and cools down your body. To use this point for weight loss, press it for 2 minutes every day.
here is an informative video from ehowhealth on acupressure for weight loss
7. Acupressure Points for Weight Loss in Abdominal Sorrow
Massage this point regularly improves digestion and regulates appetite. It also helps in treating stomach problems like ulcers and rib pain. It is located just below the rib cage. Press this point for 5 minutes daily for better results.
8. Acupressure Points in Abdomen for Weight Loss
This point is located just below or some centimeters below your belly button. It helps to relieve constipation, improve digestion and promotes weight loss. Press this point regularly for quick results.
9. Acupressure Points for Weight Loss Ear
It is the point where your jaw moves the most. Check it by moving your jaw. It is generally located at the base of your ear. Apart from weight loss, this point also helps in curing migraine, ear pain, and ear infections. It controls your appetite and helps you to eat less.
10. Acupressure Points in Breastbone for Weight Loss
Breastbone point can help you to make the energy flow in the central part. Do not press this point hard as your heart and liver organs are located nearby. Press this point gently for 10-15 sec, perform 5 such rounds.
11. Acupressure Points for Weight Loss between Eyebrows
This point is very important not only for weight loss but also for improving metabolism. It activates the amygdala nucleus which is closely connected to the hypothalamus. It helps in the regulation of hormones and also improves eye health, skin health etc.
12. Acupressure Points in Nose Bridge for Weight Loss
Nose bridge acupressure point is very good for weight loss. It also helps when you have a congested nose. Acupressure soothes your eyes and helps in relieving stress. It is also useful when you have a severe headache. Gently massage your nose bridge and relax for a while. Studies have suggested that “Stress is one of the main reasons for weight gain” (1).
13. Acupressure Points for Weight Loss Top of Trapezius Muscle
This point is located where your neck meets your shoulders. It is also very helpful for weight loss as it is the place where a bunch of nerve meets and provides information to the brain. It relieves stress.
Health Benefits of Acupressure
Apart from weight loss, acupressure has various other benefits as given below
- Acupressure is helpful in reducing stress and tension. This improves your mental and physical health. The low levels of stress and tension keep you away from lifestyle problems like hypertension, diabetes etc.
- The energy flow from acupressure also results in better blood circulation. This helps in providing enough oxygen to your body organs improving their health.
- Acupressure is a form of detoxification therapy. With better blood circulation the body can throw out the harmful toxins in the form of sweat, urine etc.
- It helps in relieving body pain. The acupressure therapy helps in relaxing muscles that soothes the pain.
- It improves the overall energy level.
Diet for Weight Loss
Acupressure can give you better results if combined with a nutrient-rich healthy diet for weight loss.
- Consume more organic food and whole grains.
- Include dairy products like milk, clarified butter, curd, yogurt to get a rich dose of vitamins, calcium, and protein.
- Prefer home cooked meal rather than store bought or ready to eat meals.
- Do not eat foods like ketchup, it is full of hidden sugar.
- Include foods which help in weight loss like pineapple, apple, oranges, leafy veggies.
- Eat fiber-rich foods like carrots, pumpkins, beet, figs, sprouts, almonds.
- Protein-rich foods also help in maintaining steady blood sugar levels and promotes weight loss.
- Refrain from eating junk, processed and high sugar foods.
- Limit the intake of trans and saturated fat.
Exercises for Weight Loss
Various exercises like weight training, yoga, running, swimming and walking help in losing weight fast. You can read the article on effective weight loss and fat burning exercises.
Tips for Weight Loss
If you follow the below tips it would help you reduce weight fast
a) Drink a lot of water
b) Do regular exercise
c) Drink green tea
d) Drink Honey Cinnamon water for weight loss